Stories of ACT

 Enjoy more stories of those whose lives have been touched by ACT - on both sides of the ocean!

From one of our long-time donors and sponsor of an orphan - Jane Lacher:

"My fondest memory/story has to do with adopting my first orphan. I was so blessed to be matched with the first group of orphans. Her name is Fadious and she looked so sad in her first picture. My memory is that her smile blossomed as time went on. 

But the story has also to do with John Waechter. He told me why I matched with Fadious. She is a member of a pygmy tribe and given that I topped out at 5'1.5", he said we would make a good match! (the tribe lives within the Bwindi Bamboo forest in Muko). I was so sad when her mother made her quit school to go to work. She will be in my heart forever. "
Jane Lacher
See a brief interview with Fadious


And a very recent story from Judith Tukahirwe, our former HONOR Staff Manager and ACT's first Maverick Leadership Scholar who got her degree in midwifery:


"Hi all, let me share this amazing story with you. It is today 23rd/9/3023 when I assisted a mother to bring her first born child into the world. Today evening a pregnant mother had attended the market here in Muko, while in the market she started feeling labor-like pains but because she was carrying the first pregnancy, she couldn't understand what it meant to have those labor-like pains. When the labor pains worsened, she rushed into the forest where she started pushing her baby. 

The first person that witnessed the scene rushed to me for the help where I quickly prepared the tools to go and assist her delivery. I found her struggling with pushing and I helped her in the process. She gave birth to a bouncing baby boy and the delivery of third stage of labor was also well-conducted. The clots were also expelled and the mother was left in a good condition.

Then the mother was cleaned thoroughly and her relatives were called to take her to the hospital for further post natal management. I always feel proud when I help a mother to bring her newborn into the world. Together we can save both newborns and mother's health."
Judith Tukahirwe, Midwife

Learn more about ACT:

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

What a Week - What a Celebration!

ACT's Sustainable Future

20 Years Celebrated with Fanfare!