One of Guma's Many Projects

I am called Alexander Gumoshabe, commonly know as Guma. I celebrated my 12th Anniversary for my job with ACT on 1st May, 2022. My responsibilities among others include providing leadership and oversight for ACT Staff. I am the ACT project liaison with Muko High School Administrators to shape the destiny of the High School that ACT manages. I am also charged with the responsibility of overseeing the infrastructural development at both Muko High School and the ACT Resource Center.

I have worked on a number of construction projects but today allow me to talk about the chain-link fence at both the main high school campus and the girls' wing. This was a huge project that required a lot of effort.

During the construction of the chain-link fence, we hired local labour so as to enable the local people to benefit by offering both manual and skilled labour. Some materials such as bricks, aggregates and sand were obtained locally but we were forced to travel long distances such as Kabale (45 km away) and Mbarara (145km) to obtain items that we could not get locally. Such items included chain-link fencing, plain galvanized wire and razor wire, and concrete fence poles.

As of today, both of the two wings of Muko High School are highly secure. Part of this necessity was to protect the new expansive solar power system that Rotary provided for the school. Students no long escape from school and thieves that were a big threat to the school no longer have access to the school.

Big thanks to ACT donors from the US for their support.




Comments

Popular posts from this blog

What a Week - What a Celebration!

ACT's Sustainable Future

20 Years Celebrated with Fanfare!